Tuesday 20 August 2013

21-Day Clutch Cut, day 1

SO, eat 6-7 smaller balanced meals a day 
Eat every three hours on the dot 
Drink heaps of lemon water 
Follow her exercise program in this pattern 

Monday lift
Tuesday cardio
Wednesday rest
Thursday lift
Firday cardio
Saturday lift
Sunday rest

I already see a personal trainer 3 times a week and my days happen to fall on a Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 
So by incorporating some of her routines which can be found here http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ashley-conrad-21-day-clutch-cut-day-1.html
into my own weekly workout and picking up Friday and Saturday work outs as well, I should be seeing some results really soon 

Ashley says that your weight loss and muscle building results are based on a 10% exercise and 90% nutrition ratio 


Meal 1: Cheater Protein Pancakes
(8.30am)
Clutch Cheater Guilt-Free Baking mix
1/3 cup quick cook oats or quinoa flakes
3 packets or scoops
a cup of unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 tbsp of Chia Seeds or Ground Flaxseed
Egg white 

Mix together and cook like a pancake 
Top pancake with 1 tbsp of virgin coconut oil

Ok, so I didn't have any of these ingredients at home to make the protein pancakes (I have since ordered the 'Clutch Cheater Guilt-Free Baking' mix from Ashley Conrad's website) so I just settled for another high protein option of 2 boiled eggs and half a tomato mixed in with some olive oil and white vinegar 
I also had a cup of black coffee with no sugar (you can have two of these a day on Ashley's plan) 

Meal 2: Sculpt Protein Shake, pre workout 
(11.30am)
3 Scoops of  'Clutch Sculpt Lean Physique Protein Powder'
1 tbsp of natural peanut butter or almond butter
1/2 cup of frozen berries 
1/3 of a banana 
1 cup of ice 

Blend and enjoy!

So because I have to go work in a shop (unlike P Diddy) I substituted with meal 5 here and decided to have my Protein shake when I got home later on this afternoon (it also makes more sense to have it later on before I workout)
I also used an alternate protein powder because I don't have Ashley's already at home 

Meal 3: Lunch
(2.00pm)
2 Cups of kale
100grms of chicken
2 tbs of avocado 


Meal 4: 2nd lunch
(4.00pm)
2 Cups of kale
100grms of chicken 
2 tbs of avocado 

I substituted for kale for lettuce because there was none at the shop and chicken with 100grms of tinned tuna because I don't eat chicken
Ashley would like me to eat 'Wild caught Tuna' but the availability and price at the shop has me eating out of a tin 


Meal 5: snack
(5.30pm)
1/4 of organic apple
small handful of almonds 

This is wear I had the protein work out shake... which by the way tasted really amazing and was totally satisfying
...the secret is lots of ice

7.45pm work out (lift)

I didn't feel faint or dizzy at my work out, I felt strong and like I wanted to go for a run afterwards
I felt great!!


Meal 6: dinner
(8.30pm)
2 Cups of kale
100grms of chicken 
2 tbs of avocado 

I had cabbage instead of kale and tuna instead of chicken again

Meal 7: optional
1 scoop of protein powder 
mix with water

Now, before you are overwhelmed with the fact that you have to eat kale, chicken and avocado for most of the day, you can actually substitute those food options with any of the other foods from the same list.
For example, you can substitute tuna with organic eggs, (1 yolk, 5 whites) organic turkey breast, organic chicken breast or any wild caught fish
(I have a visual of P Diddy fishing for organic salmon all grizzly bear style) 

Substitue Kale with Okra(?), Cabbage, Carrots, Zucchini, Asparagus, Organic Celery, Organic Greens, Broccoli or Capsicum 
Substitute avocado with Chia seeds, Flaxseed, Virgin Coconut oil, Virgin Pumpkin oil, raw Almond Butter, Extra Virgin Olive oil, unsalted cashews, walnuts or almonds

On top of that you can also have unlimited amounts of Dill, Ginger, Nutmeg, Chillies, Cinnamon, Lemons, Tomatoes, Pepper and Vanilla Extract. 
You're also allowed 1 tsp of salt a day 

This particular plan is for a woman; men are allowed to have a few extra carbs (typical) like quinoa with meal 3, 4 and 5 

I found it hard to eat on the dot every three hours because I don't actually think there are that many hours in the day?? Unless you get up at 5am (not going to happen)

I enjoyed drinking all the lemon water and felt totally satisfied and slept easy that night; dreaming of the protein pancakes I will soon be eating for breakfast ..





source:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ashley-conrads-21-day-clutch-cut-nutrition.html

No comments:

Post a Comment