Wednesday 14 August 2013

The Model Detox, part 2

DAY 1
Breakfast
smoothie with banana, mixed berries and mango
mixed with ice and water

Snack
apple

Lunch
steamed pumpkin and sweet potato with onion and garlic

Snack
half a grapefruit

Dinner
steamed pumpkin and sweet potato with onion and garlic

GYM at 7.45pm

ok so breakfast was ok, tasty - but without my normal egg protein fill I was starving by 11am
I found it hard to concentrate at work, reply to emails and found it hard to motivate myself to do much else other then just stare out the window like a vegetable by lunch time

I felt good after lunch, like I had found some new hidden energy but burned out after about an hour..
A pumpkin carb high really doesn't last that long...

The last thing I felt like at the end of the day was going to the gym but I pushed and surprised myself when I managed quite well
Sure, my energy levels were low but it was like I felt high and deluded, like when you eat too much sugar and come down...
I felt good afterwards and put myself to bed by 9pm to avoid thinking about the nuts and dried fruit in the pantry

DAY 2

Breakfast
smoothie with banana, mixed berries and mango
mixed with ice and water

Snack
banana

Lunch
steamed pumpkin and sweet potato with onion and garlic

Snack
apple
detox juice (apple, beetroot, ginger over ice)

Dinner
green salad with no dressing 
pumpkin, sweet potato and carrots 

Day 2 forced me to think back to the horrors Cabbage Soup diet..
The headaches, the lack of concentration, the dizzyness, the gas.... ok gross but seriously, all that fibre takes it toll on you 
I wonder if Miranda Kerr stinks her lounge room out when she's on her Super Model Detox?

I've come to the conclusion, that after 2 short days of Super Model Detoxing, that this diet really only works for you if 
a) loosing weight is required for your job
b) if that job doesn't require basic motor function skills like thinking/forming basic sentences, reading/absorbing any information 

Not that I think a model doesn't need to practice these things in their work, It's just hard to lead a normal life and a super model's (well their diet anyway) at the same time 

I spent 40 minutes staring at the same spot on the wall with my head thumping and my stomach protesting in hunger... and couldn't think of anything else except how hungry I was

The other thing about only eating fruit and vegetables is yes, you can stuff yourself with them but no amount ever leaves you satisfied, at least for not for a very long time 

I actually only lasted 2 days because such a strict eating plan/no variety left me feeling totally flat, emotional and border line ill/might kill someone 

I did loose 2 kilos in 2 days, which is amazing but not really worth seeing the week out or risking my mental well being 

Kudos to these girls..
You definitely earn a body this hot




No comments:

Post a Comment